Lifer Barrow's Goldeneye!

 

On Wednesday, my dad had to go to Owen Sound for groceries, so I tagged along, hoping to see the rare Barrow's Goldeneye that has been returning there for a few years. After picking up the groceries, we drove to Kelso beach park, and the first thing I saw was a female Long-tailed Duck! After taking a few photos, I did a quick scan of the water, and suddenly my eyes came upon the Barrow's Goldeneye! I walked over to where the bird was swimming, took a bunch of photos, and left a few minutes later with a thousand ( OK, maybe it was only 80) photos on my memory card. On the way back I saw a flock of 150+ Snow Buntings, 4 Rough-legged Hawks, and 7(!) Snowy Owls which was cool! 

Yard Birding has been pretty slow, though I did find one of the first winter records of Rusty Blackbirds for Bruce! It didn't stay very long though (only for about 15 minutes before heading South, I think). Other highlights is a Bohemian Waxwing that flew by and a couple of Hoary Redpolls that came to the feeder.

Here are a few Photos...

Barrow's Goldeneye

Barrow's Goldeneye again
 
Long-tailed Duck (female)
 
 
Common Goldeneye (female)


Comments

  1. Comgrats on the lifer barrows golden eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a young birder from alberta and would like to send you a link to my websit e to see if you have any feedback is there an email that i may be able to contact you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. link to my photography site https://imagescbb.wixsite.com/mysite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I checked out your website, and you have some really cool shots!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts