More late August Photos

 

Sandhill Crane
I was waking through a trail with trees all around until I came to the opening and spotted these cranes at an extremely close range. I think they were as surprised to see me as I was to see them. 

Purple Finch (male)
Found a pair of Purple Finchs and played a bit of audio to lure them in for a photo. The male actually tried to land on me once!

Purple Finch (female)

Cape May Warbler
The warblers (such as this one) are already heading South. I can't believe summer is already coming to a close. 

Ruby-throated Hummingbird (female)
A friend of ours has hummingbird feeders set out on her deck. There seem to be 4 or 5 that regularly stop by but this female is very territorial and chases all the others before I can get there photos!

Tennessee Warbler
Not to often do you see Tennessee Warblers foraging low in the trees. Usually we see them at the top of trees or in flight.




Comments

Popular Posts