Rare Northern Hawk Owl Sighting

 

It seems that every post I've done lately has been about Owls, so I told myself that the next post I'd do would not have an Owl in it. Well, I guess I was wrong. A Northern Hawk Owl was recently found, and was drawing some attention from other birders. I, along with Gloria, a couple of my brothers and Dad who drove me(thanks Dad!), went on a drive to the area where it had been found. When we arrived at the location, I suddenly spotted the Owl on a tree that was maybe 50 meters from us. So I snapped off a couple shots right before he flew off and disappeared. After that, we drove up the road to find a place to turn around, and as we were driving back through the spot, there he was again, but this time right along the road! We slowly approached and I was able to get a few awesome shots of this rare Owl! It is definitely one of the coolest birds that I've ever seen!

Here are a couple photos...



 

Comments

  1. Impressive owls! I had a five owl day a few days ago, with 2 EASO, 2 GHOW, and 1 SEOW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts