February Birding on the Bruce

 

It has been a few weeks since I've written a blog post, so I thought I'd do a quick recap on this months birding. 

Although this month actually seems more birdless then it did in January, the past few days have been decent, as I did see my first of the year Red-tailed Hawk and Cooper's Hawk which was cool. A few other birds that I have seen at my place are a immature Northern Shrike, a flock of Common Redpolls, a Ruffed Grouse, a few Bald Eagles, the continuing Common Grackle, and a Snowy Owl that appeared out of nowhere yesterday afternoon and gave me great views and photos. Although I had seen a few Snow's around Ferndale area a few days earlier, it was my first of the year for my yard, so that made it seem more exciting. Also, I went with my dad to Lion's Head, and, although I didn't see the Harlequin Duck, I did find a FOY (First Of the Year) House Finch that was being chased nonstop by a Shrike.

Anyways, March is coming (and so are the birds!), so I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks before birding starts to pick up! 

Here are a few recent Photos...

Snowy Owls

Hairy Woodpecker


 


Comments

Popular Posts